ORPALIS PDF OCR Cloud Edition New Product Release
ORPALIS is pleased to announce the release of the Cloud version of its product ORPALIS PDF OCR. PDF OCR Cloud is a convenient and secure way to perform OCR on documents and images, as no resources are used client-side.
Muret, France, April 20th
Thanks to the innovative technology of PassportPDF™, PDF OCR Cloud loads documents and images (more than 100 formats are supported), saves them as PDF, and performs OCR by adding a text layer in the PDF file, without using any resource client-side.
ORPALIS PDF OCR Cloud features include:
- Conversion of more than 100 document formats to PDF OCR
- Languages for OCR: English, Italian, French, German, and Spanish
- Command line interface (CLI) support for silent automation
- Automatic page orientation detection with layout analysis
- Document selection either by file, folder, or drag & drop
- A localized user interface (English and French currently supported, more to come)
- 64-bit support on capable systems
- No resources used client-side for multithreading support (multiple pages and multiple documents)
- Mac and Linux version (coming soon)
- Open source code available on GitHuB
- Always up-to-date OCR engine with a continuous integration model
- No licensing hassle
Learn more about PDF OCR Cloud on the PDF OCR Comparison Matrix page.
The download package is available on the PDF OCR website. To activate the software, a free account will be created on PassportPDF.
PassportPDF™ is a modern cloud infrastructure offering freemium micro-services dedicated to addressing document management challenges of professional and general public users.
PDF OCR Cloud Edition is distributed as a freemium version.
Premium plans will be coming soon.
ORPALIS is specialized in automating large-scale document-based processes, providing document imaging and document-management toolkits as well as software tools for the general public. ORPALIS is creator, developer, and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand "GdPicture", now a worldwide known and respected leader in the imaging technologies industry. More than 13,000 developers based in over 70 countries have included GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011 ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users. PDF Reducer is launched in 2013. In 2015 a most powerful universal HTML5 viewer and document management kit called DocuVieware is made available to the public. The same year, a software tool for converting scanned documents to the searchable PDF/OCR format, the ORPALIS PDF OCR, is launched. In 2016 DocuVieware Lite Free HTML5 Document Viewer is released.
www.orpalis.com / www.gdpicture.com / www.docuvieware.com